LIFE IN BANGKOK

Bangkok is known as the Venice of the East and its Thai name translates as City of the Angels

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bangkok, Thailand

Thursday, November 16, 2006

APEC

Yes, we're both at APEC in Hanoi for the week. We signed up to be TDY volunteers as we both speak Vietnamese, we're familiar with the country (if not Hanoi, necessarily) and we only need one hotel room which should save the government a thousand bucks at least. I'm working as control officer for our friends from USTR, Dung's working motorcade for the Secretary who showed up at 0200 last night (or early this morning depending on your perspective). So far no horrors, everything's moving along, but who knows what's going on inside all those meetings. We're just supporting, making sure all the trains run on time. And so far they are. President comes soon! Then the real fun begins.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As I was listening to NPR bright and early this morning, I thought to myself, "Hmm...I wonder if Pete and Dung are in Viet Nam this week..."

Have fun!
Mel

1:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you get a shot of you guys with the Prez!

W goes to Vietnam empty handed (VN trade bill defeated by GOP).

George Sr. pukes on the Japanese PM.

The Bush family does not have a good track record when traveling to Asia.

6:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home