LIFE IN BANGKOK

Bangkok is known as the Venice of the East and its Thai name translates as City of the Angels

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bangkok, Thailand

Sunday, October 08, 2006

FS-2

Promotion list came out on Saturday morning our time and turns out I made it, moved up from FS-3 to FS-2. I was pretty sure it was coming, I'd just missed the last couple years because I was hanging out at FSI in training and not doing anything too useful, all I needed was one good year overseas and I figured I'd make it. Now I won't have to worry about promotion for a few more years, I have to be at grade for at least three years before being considered again.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! I did a quick wikipedia look up and found that "In a large mission, several Senior Foreign Service Officers may serve under the Ambassador as Minister-Counselors, Counselors, First Secretaries, and Attaches; in a small mission, an FS-2 may serve as the lone Minister-Counselor of Embassy."

Next stop for you: "FSO ranks descend from FS-1, equivalent to a full Colonel in the military!"

2:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home