LIFE IN BANGKOK

Bangkok is known as the Venice of the East and its Thai name translates as City of the Angels

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bangkok, Thailand

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Rock climbing on Railey


Krabi is well known for having the best rock climbing in Thailand. All over that area are these huge karsts and cliffs sprouting out of nowhere. They make outstanding climbing faces. There are a number of places that give you the basics, the teachers are all big climbing enthusiasts. We saw guys like this when we went diving. When they're not teaching people how to climb, they're out climbing on their own. When they go on vacation they go climbing. Can't shake the addiction. Paul and I spent the afternoon doing it, climbing three faces and holding ropes for the other guys in our class. I did this back in Mexico and don't remember it being so hard, but my arms were ready to give out after just the first climb. On the second one I barely made it up, I literally couldn't close my hand to hold on to anything. The last one I realized that you could take a little break and hang on the rope for a minute and get your strength back, enough to make it up to the next hold and move your feet up where you can rest. Fun, but not easy. Time to get back on the weights.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find that tossing Brandon & Hannah around builds up quite a bit of muscles. Give it a try eh? ;)

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home