LIFE IN BANGKOK

Bangkok is known as the Venice of the East and its Thai name translates as City of the Angels

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bangkok, Thailand

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Press conference

I did my first press conference yesterday, announcing a review of the U.S. Generalized System of Preference (GSP) program. The program allows exports from developing countries into the U.S. duty-free, but we might be eliminating the program or at least changing it for some of the biggest users, including Thailand. Not too bad, I tried to keep to my talking points, but they managed to draw me out on a couple things.

Thai Day, the local insert of the International Herald Tribune, got the story the best: http://www.manager.co.th/IHT/ViewNews.aspx?NewsID=9490000101184

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home