LIFE IN BANGKOK

Bangkok is known as the Venice of the East and its Thai name translates as City of the Angels

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bangkok, Thailand

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

ING Temple Run


On Sunday we ran a half-marathon, the longest we've run since the Chicago Marathon in 2004. The run was about an hour outside of Bangkok and is called the Temple Run as the route passes by about a dozen Buddhist temples. Dung was, of course, in great shape since she runs a 10K on the treadmill practically every other day. For me this was an experiment. I hadn't run any distance at all in almost a year, but put in plenty of time on the elliptical machine and bicycle at the gym, and play Ultimate on the weekend. I was in good shape, but it turns out my legs weren't. Dung almost broke two hours and got her personal best for the half marathon. I made it to the 16km point before my legs started to give out and I hobbled in at 2:22. Next run may be the half marathon in Kanchanaburi in September, but this time I'm training.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed! Our old treadmill crapped out a while back and got tossed. We got a new one last month and Seon has been running everyday. Me, I only run if I'm being chased! Seriously, I need to get back into shape...

1:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home