LIFE IN BANGKOK

Bangkok is known as the Venice of the East and its Thai name translates as City of the Angels

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bangkok, Thailand

Friday, August 12, 2005

Snoozing in

We got to bed about 2:00 am last night, not too bad, and I figured I'd wake up around 10:00 am or so. Woke up at 5:00 pm. I think that may be a new record for me. I think it wasn't so much that I was jetlagged, though I was, but also that I was working off some sleep debt from the past few weeks. It's nice to be finished with all the stuff we were trying to get done in DC before we left, and I haven't started my new job yet so no stress from there yet.

We walked around our neighborhood a bit tonight (after getting some food, almost 24 hours since dinner yesterday). Across Sukhumvit is the Middle Eastern area and we actually couldn't find a Thai restaurant over there, just Egyptian, pakistani, etc. Finally found one, but then went back and got a shawarma from one of the Arab stands. gotta like that.

It's funny but there are just not a lot of Thais around here who aren't working the expat scene. We've gotta get out of this area and see where normal Thais live and work.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pete, I can't wait for photos. You need a camera phone and a moblog. -Lam

12:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home