LIFE IN BANGKOK

Bangkok is known as the Venice of the East and its Thai name translates as City of the Angels

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bangkok, Thailand

Friday, August 12, 2005

We're in

Dung and I got in late last night, everybody survived the trip including both Mr. Black and Mr. White. they were none too pleased about the trip and made sure everyone in the terminal knew it, but there you go. While I was checking in the cats with animal control at the airport I met a Mexican family bringing their dog through, so I got to introduce my gatos mexicanos to them. they thought that was a kick. Got to speak Spanish and Thai at the same time, threw me for a little loop.

We got in to our new apartment about 1:00 am, checked it out then went straight to bed. Except we weren't all that tired since we slept on the plane, but surprisingly enough I slept until about 10:00. Hit the Embassy to do some checking in, then came back for a nap. About 3:00 pm I was starting to rapidly lose IQ points so I bailed. Nobody'd really expected me to come in anyway.

Our sponsor here left us a note that she'd take us out for dinner tonight, but we never did hook up. Maybe because we have only one phone in the place and you can't hear it from the bedroom. At any rate, we found a place in the guidebook that we got from the Embassy, not too far away. Great Thai food, maybe the best curry I ever had. Baan Khanitha if you're curious. then we walked around a bit, got to know our little neighborhood a bit better. Sukhumvit's a busy street, day or night.

Dung has been busting out her Thai with greater gusto than I, she has no fear. So far we've been mostly understood which is great. Next battle is to understand what everybody else is saying to us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home