LIFE IN BANGKOK

Bangkok is known as the Venice of the East and its Thai name translates as City of the Angels

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bangkok, Thailand

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Sunday afternoon at the track



After brunch this morning, a bunch of us took off to the Royal Turf Club to place a few bets on the ponies. Local knowledge definitely won out, the horses the locals seemed to be in favor of nearly always weren't the ones that we thought looked best on paper. In the last race I put 100 baht on #12 for John (who didn't make it out but wanted to get in on the action), and 100 on #7 for myself in one last ditch shot for victory. Coming into the stretch #12 had a decent lead but somehow by the finish line my horse managed to pass him up for the win. I got a big 220 baht, turned out he was the heavy favorite though when I bet on him the odds were substantially larger. Somebody got wise at the end. At least I walked out with a win!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home